View Single Post
Old 01-10-2013, 01:26 PM   #241
PackMule
love what you do

Oddometer: 19,451
Quote:
Originally Posted by gagnaou View Post
Here is some information from the Freedom rallye racing FB page:

"Luis always wore a pink silicone wrist band in honor of his sister who died of cancer a few years ago. He cut a slither off the rubber bracelet and used that as a gasket! He put the cylinder head back on and believe it or not, The engine started!
At this point Luis decided to take a “short cut” and incur the penalties of bypassing a couple of Check Points, rather than risk not arriving at the Finish Line at all. And he made it!! "

I cannot find exactly how much he would have been penalized by this (the rule book says refer to roadbook) but I am sure that is part of the penalities...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluebull2007 View Post
Looking at the stage tomorrow, it will be a first where most of the stage is above 3,500m

Thats also why it is short I think. It does not look very technical at all, just lots of rough two track, maybe a bit of off piste at the beginning.

Anyway I wanted to say if this stage is a success, Bolivia will be in the menu for next year.

Its very VERY high for helicopters to fly, theyre close to if not at their ceiling altitudes. Those guys doing the flying tomorrow will need brass balls, big time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flood View Post
RallyRAIDio GIF of the day: Lyndon Poskitt, who else?!

Yes, I have a Dakar problem -- that there are 50 weeks of the year without Dakar!

They don't expect you to finish. That's why it's the Dakar. -- PPiA

Get your sweet Pyndon DakARTwork here

Pyndon '13