View Single Post
Old 01-10-2013, 03:50 PM   #74
Prutser
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 914
Quote:
Originally Posted by andyfrizzle View Post
Prutser,

Just a thought regarding water getting into the airbox.

Had you considered fitting (or fabricating) an airbox similar to the one supplied by Moorespeed.

You could fit a tube/pipe to where the air filter locates, then run your 'snorkel' to a higher point, then implement an air filter higher up.

Or alternatively fabricate a cylindrical enclosure, into which the air filter sits, that is then welded to the top of the airbox, then run a 'snorkel' to a higher point on the bike.
The part i'm still thinking about is how to get from the top of the tank near the triple to the airbox using the ST tank. Without changing the looks to much. I might make a tube trough the tank that can be connected to the airbox.
The filter and airbox is something for later, first i need to get through that tank.

Fitting a filter in the tank is another option. Than i could remove the airbox and make another fuel tank on top of the gearbox. The weight would be lower on the bike and I might be able to store more fuel in the extra tank than i would loose by building an airbox in the main tank.

Lots of things to think about but first i would like to fix the carb vent's and than work my way up.

R100GS'91 (sold)
Prutser is offline   Reply With Quote