View Single Post
Old 01-10-2013, 05:38 PM   #23
DuctTape
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 351
I totally agree with everything written and If I lived in Colorado Springs or San Fran Cisco where a person could take their bike to have the suspension done and then take it back to have it tweaked until it's right then that would be great but for someone out of state that sends their parts in you're going to end up with a compromise that may or may not work.

So here's the question and answer I had with myself.

If I send in my suspension will it be better then stock......... probably.
Will it be as good as it can be.........probably not.

Do I think I can make my suspension as good as someone like Jeff or James personal bikes......... probably not.

Do I think I can make it as good as what they'd send me......... yes I think I can.

Do I have the tools to do the job? yes

Do I have the time? Yes, I work nights so when everyone else is sleeping I'm wrenching. We also have long winters

Do I have some place to test it? Yes, I live in the country so my test track is my backyard.

Will the Queen Neuter me for spending the time and $$? No, I bought, work on and paid off her Victorian so she's happy LOL.

I got the valves today so I'm just waiting on the Superplush springs form KTMtwins and I'll be tearing her apart.

The last question I always ask myself before I do anything is "What's the worse that can happen?" and the answer to that is I revert the forks back to stock and send them to Jeff or James................we just won't tell the Queen, LOL.
2010 Ducati 1198S
DuctTape is offline   Reply With Quote