View Single Post
Old 01-11-2013, 02:44 AM   #11
Captdan
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 132
Welcome, owning an airhead is a very rewarding experience, and a sickness - be forwarded :) I've had a number of bikes in my years and in fact have a number now, my airheads are my most favorite ones for sure. WIth a little knowledge you can work on them almost to the point of total engine breakdown and repairs in your own garage. Also, with the help of this webpage you can gain valuable knowledge from the members. There could be a time in your future your sitting in your gagage saying wtf, why did I buy this thing... Hang in there. The old bikes are a bit finicky and require your time, but are well with it. The fact that you can work on it yourself also means you have to...... Others may dispute me here, but I've found that that first hint of bad running is probably carbs. Install a good set of inline filters, learn how to clean the Bings ( they are easy and I'd also buy thier book), locate a station that sells non ethonol gas...... Enjoy!

Captdan screwed with this post 01-11-2013 at 02:53 AM
Captdan is offline   Reply With Quote