View Single Post
Old 01-11-2013, 07:16 AM   #4
CompAcc OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 87
Quote:
Originally Posted by fullmonte View Post
Can't play the video on this laptop, but could you tell us if the fit of this lid similar to the RF series of Shoei helmets?
Hey fullmonte. I've spent a bit of time in the RF-1100, and compared to the GT-Air, they do actually feel fairly similar. In the video we weigh a Large RF-1100 at 3.65lbs, and the Large GT-Air was 3.7lbs. Obviously the biggest differences are the GT-Air has the internal drop down sun visor, a different outer shell shape, and a different ventilation system. The top scoop on the GT-Air bring in a LOT of air, but it's right up on top of your head, whereas I feel the RF-1100 might have a bit more of an even ventilation throughout the helmet.

In terms of fit I felt that the GT-Air was a little on the snug side compared to the RF-1100, with the same overall internal shape.

So I guess the short answer would be... kinda. If you have any other questions feel free to ask!