View Single Post
Old 01-11-2013, 07:20 AM   #8
mtiberio
Adventurer

Oddometer: 88
I had one (with the luggage rack, must of come with the heaviest bracket I have ever seen, figured out a way to mount without it...

I enjoyed this bike, and it would pull to an indicated 135 easily (hotter cams and taller gearing than the intruder). The intruder had a shorter swingarm, and I once toyed with the idea of installing one of those to make it turn quicker...

mine was purple, and the only problem I ever had was after one particularly hard run back from the beach (~130 miles). The bike caught fire in my driveway. Never did find out WTF happened, although it looks like major amperage was running through the throttle cable which ended up melting the sheath. I put out the flames, and replaced all the melted parts (I replaced the inter airbox hose with a piece of generic spiral aluminum foil ducting) and the bike was perfect after that....

this was before suzi came out with the sv and tl series. i think they decided there was sufficient interest in a sporting twin to warrant a pure design... still the vx is a pretty competent bike...
mtiberio is offline   Reply With Quote