View Single Post
Old 01-11-2013, 07:47 AM   #1
ebrabaek OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,639
Wicked Map dashboard...Voltmeter, and USB outlet...... Thingy.

Soooo... After too much to eat, over the Christmas holiday, and my little brother's visit..... A trip to the Colorado Rocky's..... It is then back to the shop. Parts are being made, and a project I have wanted to do for a while, is a combo map/cellphone/gps....whatever dashboard, and the addition of a usb charger, and yep.... you guessed it, a volt meter, to keep track of the stupidity of the charging system. Perhaps the volt meter is not for every one, but it will give you a very good indication of how you are drawing of the electrical system, and off course.... when/if it fails. Second, I have taken too many trips wanting to clip down a map.....i-phone.....route..what ever in front of me, thus the need for a small planform right in the front. Then a usb charger, for whatever you are carrying. I considered two ways to go on this. One.... make a new airbox cover, but even that would look the best, I did not want to over complicate this, and it would be more complicated to " re-print " a copy..... So a simple add on that simply will fit on top.....held in place with either velcro.....bolts.... whatever. We shall see. Back to the shop.....

Erling
ebrabaek is offline   Reply With Quote