View Single Post
Old 01-11-2013, 09:30 AM   #68
MikeMike
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,149
Mark, PM me for the ride guide I put together in PDF format (illustrated with photos from actual rides).

Veter, if you come over, you can also meet a good independent BMW factory trained mechanic, Rafael Lagos who runs MotoPits here in Veracruz/Boca del Rio. Good guy, very good rider. You can always resurface the plates and keep them as a spare. Funny that the clutch got so roasted with only that stretch of riding you did, the bike is supposed to take a lot more than that thrown at it. I am wondering if it was light on lube from the factory. Maybe the GS experts can chime in on the lack of lube.
Don't give up the fight.
I was told once by Motorrad Mexico that the cam chain tensioner assembly on the F800/650 was no longer available and they could not say when they could get me one. I informed them of how they couldn't legally sell bikes in Mexico that require that part, they got me a new assembly (found one somehow somewhere) that was the "new and improved" version but turned out to be nothing more than a bundling of the parts currently available (but not anymore) into one convenient and more expensive package.
Like I said, no surrender, keep going with this and see what happens when you shake the tree. Your bike has a warranty from the factory, no matter where you ride it. Yes, they can complain about abuse of their products, but they were sure happy to see Ewan and Charlie drag a pair of big GS bikes all over the world on two separate occasions. That marketing move cost them very little, they should be backing their product as a true adventure bike if they are going to market it as such.
Whew! I feel lighter now!
MikeMike is offline   Reply With Quote