View Single Post
Old 01-11-2013, 09:04 AM   #3737
Sock Monkey
Corporate slave

Oddometer: 1,727
Quote:
Originally Posted by James Adams View Post
My Hellas have survived thus far, and there's no doubt that they've taken some abuse.

I'm interested in replacing and relocating them for more useful light. I'll probably replace them with a single LED light bar under the headlight.
James (or Blake), could you do me a favor? Could you pull the rubber cap off the back of one of your lights and take a picture of how the wiring is routed and protected? I'll replicate that on my bike.

It's odd to me that bikes like mine, Toad's, and others have had both lights fail very quickly, but others like yourself and Blake haven't had any issues at all. My theory is the wiring is somehow routed or protected differently. Both you and Blake have had your bikes longer than I have had mine, so maybe they did something different on the early builds. There was so much arcing on my left light that there's a "pit" about the size of a pea taken out of the metal housing, and that vaporized metal has gone everywhere inside the light, including coating the bulb and lens. I'm going to have to completely disassemble it and clean everything before it's usable again.

-SM
Sock Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote