View Single Post
Old 01-11-2013, 09:34 AM   #2994
Low594
Adventuring Creep

Oddometer: 1,126
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russentreiber View Post
Thanks for the input !
There SHOULD BE 500W available from the alternator (source: http://www.uralmoto.ru/downloads/Ura...de-by-side.pdf )

I thought about 2 x model 60 on nose of Hack and maybe 1 x model 30 on bike-front-fender...
basically I inverted your suggestion... makes me think and ask you why you suggest other way around ?

Mmmmm... NEW lights? I'm still plowing through the thread but I guess I missed that one What's coming up?
Thats plenty of power for added lights and such! I currently am running the Model 60 flood and the no longer available 450lumen spot. But I draw from alot of experience with offroad lights. Its the pattern that you want to be thinking about. The Model 60 Flood throws a ton of light in a wide pattern (160*???) and is most beneficial in the short to medium ranges. My guess would be running 2 floods, you won't get 2x the amount of usable light in those ranges. 1 does a very good job. A spot type light is by nature narrow and used for your longer distances. At those longer distances, you can give a bit more spread so that the pattern starts looking more like a figure 8 on its side.

Best way to judge for yourself, buy 1 of each now. Then assess where your week spot for your needs are and order the missing light, or not, if you are happy with just the 2!

I'm a it of a miser, for 2 reasons, very little available electrical power and very little available monetary power! With 1 light, you will be very happy, with each light you add from there, your money output goes up but your usable light doesn't necessarily go up on an equal scale.

This is only my opinion. Maybe Sanjoh or others with more than 2 lights will chime in.
Low594 is offline   Reply With Quote