View Single Post
Old 01-11-2013, 10:59 AM   #3739
Sock Monkey
Corporate slave

Oddometer: 2,049
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toadride View Post
Pretty clear pics of the setup and subsequent burnup here.
http://forum.guzzitech.com/forum/190/9924.html
Thanks for the link Toad. That's exactly how my lights were wired, with the excess wire wadded up and stuffed into the metal housing, NOT inside the boot. But......I thought I had outsmarted the gremlins by shortening the wires inside the housing such that they entered the boot and went right into the bulb, with just a slight bend to prevent any strain on the connection. Well, that Murphy guy got into the act and when my left light winked out (why is it always the left one??? vibrates more???), I checked and the wire had come apart right at the bulb. Obviously it just couldn't take the vibes.

Now the question I have is, even if I replace my bulb with a new one (either a standard H3 or a LED equivalent), what's to stop the wire from vibrating apart at the bulb again? Stuffing the excess in the boot won't fix that will it? Maybe it provides just enough "buffer" from the vibes to make it survive?

-SM

Sock Monkey screwed with this post 01-11-2013 at 01:06 PM
Sock Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote