Old 01-11-2013, 12:39 PM   #400
Strong Bad
n00balicious

Oddometer: 4,070
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsLizVt View Post
Strong et al, hi!

You point was discussed in the Planet Robby forum too. Here's a quote:

My guess is that who ever wrote up the bio was using a bit of marketing babble by sayind the "Dakar" rally, which as far as I know, is the name of the rally in South America since it's inception. Of course we all think of all of the rallies as the Paris to Dakar Rally.

So yes, as far as the Paris to Dakar Rallies, Kellon was certainly not the first American to win a stage, but perhaps, and I haven't done the research to prove or disprove this, Kellon was the first American to win in the South America Dakar rallies.

Point being, it looks like marketing babble to me.

Am I making sense?

Liz
Sorry, I don't follow statistics and I have not desire to go over to the Robby Gordon leg humping forums (too many Kool-aid drinkers). Anything written about Robby Gordon or his team needs to be taken with a grain of salt. Robby is prolly better at self-promotion than he is at driving. Few on Robby's planet would know anything about Dakar until Robby started racing it. Just wait until a couple of cars in the top 10 DNF, you'll get a press release how Robby fights his way into the TOP 10!!!! Spin, spin, spin.