Thread: So Disappointed
View Single Post
Old 01-11-2013, 12:25 PM   #28
The Savage Rabbit OP
The Savage Rabbit's Avatar
Joined: Mar 2009
Location: Agoura Hills, CA
Oddometer: 85
Originally Posted by knobbyjoe View Post
Hmmm, very interesting decision to make. If it is the dealer making the offer you can probably try and get the "cash" down. But just think...New KTM 990!
As painful as it would be to get hosed on the value of the 950 and to possibly regret parting with the HD, the money I'd save by dropping from 4 bikes (which is just wasteful) to 2 (new 990 and the Ducati 848) would help recoup the loss on the 950 each year. The dealer says they can move the panniers and GPS mount over to a new 990 and are checking to see if the Akropovics on the 950 can be moved to the FI 990.

KBB puts the HD's trade in value at about $13,500, the 950 at $4,400, and the KLR at $2,500. The KLR just sits now.

This weekend's cold-ass ride to Tonopah will sort out a lot of hard decisions, which decisions primarily rest on how much I think I'd miss the HD.

But I'm happy that KTM stepped up and is covering most of the cost to fix the stator issue. That makes sticking with a KTM product possible.
2012 KTM 990 Adventure
2014 Triumph Street Triple R

The Savage Rabbit screwed with this post 01-11-2013 at 12:35 PM
The Savage Rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote