View Single Post
Old 01-11-2013, 01:28 PM   #3124
Stifdickerson2006
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 131
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
yeah! i was looking for that holder because i remember them posting pictures about it on kickstarter but i never could find it for sale anywhere. plus i think the only way to mount it would be on the bars and with cut down bars, i can't give up much real estate!

i like the ram mount phone holder though, it seems like it's gonna be able to handle the abuse.
The ram mount will handle the abuse but i do not like the phone holders that RAM makes. I went with the Sure Grip holder and love it. I have got about a thousand miles with it, everything from high speed freeway runs, tight technical trails,jumps and high speed whooped out 100+mile desert loOps with some great hill climbs and this thing has held tight no problem and has an opening for the camera depending on what style of phone you have and protective cover.I have actual done a little video while i am riding just to check it out on the street) Its slim, light and holds tight with an easy release and easy access to all the buttons and ports. Very happy with the product and they have great customer service.I bought mine to fit the otter box cover for my phone, but used some sticky tape backed foam for the shorai battery to use for extra dampening. The normal slim case fits great with the padding and holds strong

http://www.slipgripcarmounts.com/

It does not look like much but holds very tight and releases easlily.

heres a picture of the slim switch and mountain engineering lever. you can see there is still some room left over. I will put out another pic once I put on my LHRB.