View Single Post
Old 01-11-2013, 04:15 PM   #3128
Stifdickerson2006
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 109
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joby Rebel View Post
I just used tie wire like you would do on grips, and no i didn't use the sealer spray. I might still put it on before spring just not sure the pros and cons just yet. I think it will dry fine without but I wonder if the spray would help keep the dirt out, water in. just not sure:) more pondering in order. what you think?
Do not use the spray I have used wrap on several bikes with the spray and without and the spray gives it a little more durability for road use,But it does not work well for the offroad use it makes the wrap brittle and the pounding it gets from debris kicked up from the frt wheel will eat it up much quicker than with out the spray. If you have a heat shield that covers it in that area where the pipe bends you would probably be ok but without it, the wrap will fail quickly. just make sure when you are done washing the bike you ride it a bit and get the ppe hot as to dry the wrap before any storage. I too use the safety wire rather than those expensive stainless zip ties that do not hold anything tight(there junk).