View Single Post
Old 01-11-2013, 09:39 PM   #64
Dylan.S OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 200
Since yesterday late afternoon I'm in
Guatemala. The first impresion of the country was very positive. The visa on arrival was free (don't know if they charge that at exit) and the officials were very cordial and I did not have that strange feeling I usually have when crossing into unknown territory. After the formalities were done, you ride through crowded streets which have made very narrow by all the vending stalls on either sides of the street. They strech for about a good kilometer touching roof to roof. It's a viabrant place. Lots of colours, may be as much as in India. People seem to smile more than in Mexico and they wave at you as you ride by. The road leads you out of the urban area but it never seem to take you into the country where there are no people. I guess it's because of the high and steep mountains on either sides making the livable area into a thin stripe. In fact, it looks almost as if you ride through a canyon. Beautiful and impressive. I continue as the darkness slowly takes over its place, not knowing where I will be laying my head down this night. My eyes continuesly search for a suitable place to camp. But the terrain only seem to get worse & there are houses everywhere. But I'm sure I have not reached the best spot yet and I am calm and convinced that it's gonna be okay in the end as always.....
Dylan.S is offline   Reply With Quote