Thread: So Disappointed
View Single Post
Old 01-11-2013, 11:43 PM   #35
DesertSurfer
Tail sprayin

Oddometer: 1,257
Keep the 950!!!

Hey TSR,

Dump the other bikes and keep the 950. Owning an early Adventure is the best way to get introduced into the product line. 8k miles is break in for that bike. There are nuances to these bikes that as everyone has suggested you need to familiarize yourself with in the HOW. You will need to get several good service resources/ mechanics if you don't trust yourself with a wrench. Service on these bikes is not cheap. Basic oil and filter changes require a shop to bill you for tank removal. There is a series of part upgrades that keep this bike reliable... it's the price of admission here. You just have to bite the bullet and pay to play.

But the ride experience it well worth the fees. Once you get caught up on upgrades you will reach a point where the overhead goes down and the fun factor goes through the roof. And the Adventure is a bike you'll continue to grow into. The best part is when you are dialing in your preference of travel bags and multi day camping trips. Then you'll know you've truly arrived!!!

Welcome to the party.

DesertSurfer screwed with this post 01-11-2013 at 11:48 PM
DesertSurfer is online now   Reply With Quote