Old 01-12-2013, 06:18 AM   #22604
Davebert
Too damn serious!

Oddometer: 798
Quote:
Originally Posted by SingleTrackJeff View Post
GPR question

I just revived a V1 GPR from E bay

They don't make a mount for my DR 650, it looks like the pivot arm should be centered on the triple clamp stem.
I know it centers left and right but when centered fro and aft it doesn't leave a lot of room for the fixed arm to clear.
The only thing I could find at GPR says the fixed pin should be in the middle of the slot not at the end.
Any help would be great, I am going to need to drill and tap the top of my bar mounts and will only get one chance to get it correct
I can't speak for GPR stuff but on the Scotts SS they stress the center of the shaft that the damper connects to, should be exactly on center with the steering stem. See the last pic in the pdf.

http://www.scottsonline.com/litrack/416.pdf

The reason I know it is looked at as critical to the operation is that on KTM's when you buy a Scotts kit, you have to order it with the top bar clamp for one of the 4 positions that you can have by flipping the lower bar mount around and the 2 sets of holes. Once you make the decision and order, changing your mind later cost's you another top bar mount machined to the correct offset.

Dave

Davebert screwed with this post 01-12-2013 at 12:09 PM
Davebert is offline   Reply With Quote