View Single Post
Old 01-12-2013, 06:51 AM   #268
kimangao OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 643
From the stairway to heaven I'm not riding back to Erg Chebbi. Before Remi and me split up we've decided to meet again in Zagora. The French boys will make their way along the Algerian border meanwhile I will have a look at the Road of the Kashbas and another Gorge.

Once you follow the Road of the Kashbas you will immediately feel like being thrown back in time. There's almost no building that reminds you of the 21st century nor do the people. Only mobile phones and vehicles do.

Surprisingly most of these buildings are still inhabited.

I have a little look into the Gorge de Todra again. I'm still amazed of what water can do. Cut's like a knive ...

But then there is another Gorge right beside the Todra. The days when just a track made its precarious way through the Dadès Gorges are history. But even so, the road onwards to Imilchil in the High Atlas shakes off its asphalt after a few kilometres.

As I arrive on the edge of the canyon I see how a craftsman puts out a deal board. Before I realise what he's about to do he has placed the first one outside the tower that is going to be part of a hotel.

I am that scared that it takes me ages to fetch the camera and point it at that fearless worker.

The Road of the Kashbas ends in Ouarzazate. The town is a kind of moroccan Hollywood. A lot of movies that play in ancient times found their settings in the vincinity.

After a short break I'm back in the saddle to meet with Remi and his friends in Zagora. 160kms only. But they will take long time. Very long time ...

Shortly after leaving this track a little incident will confuse my timetable ...

Cheers for today

Dirk
kimangao is offline   Reply With Quote