View Single Post
Old 01-12-2013, 11:07 AM   #39
gshajisg OP
Storm-rider

Oddometer: 35
Tue 8 Jan 2013
Breakfast was at the garden again.

Sunrise view from the front of the hotel.

At 830 we were ready to move off to Khayito. About 20 km down the road I got a puncture and Loh stayed back to help me out. A small piece of blade was the culprit. We continued with the ride and caught up with the rest who were waiting for us at the petrol station further up. Our first stop was at a temple where Eric knew the monk.

We had our lunch there and some even had time for a power nap.

Then we proceeded to an orphanage where some donations were made. The orphanage had 300 children.

The monk there also blessed our bikes.

After our visit to the orphanage we continued to our final destination. It was close to sundown when we got there. Private transport was not allowed up the mountain. So we had to park our bikes below and take the lorry that transported people up.

The lorries fell into 2 categories, one that goes all the way up while the other one will only go to the base. From the base its a 45 min steep climb up to the top. We were told that only 5 from a group were allowed to go up the lorry that goes to the top.

The remaining 6 of us took the lorry that went to the base. It was a grueling 45 minute climb to the top. We had to stop at almost every 2 corners to rest and catch our breath. By the time we got up there my legs were killing me.

Some of the stuff sold along the way up.

We stayed at the Kyaik Hto Hotel. Its a very basic no frills hotel.

After dinner and shower a few of them congregated in our room for a chit chat till 12 midnight.

gshajisg screwed with this post 01-23-2013 at 08:11 AM
gshajisg is offline   Reply With Quote