View Single Post
Old 01-12-2013, 10:08 AM   #40
gshajisg OP
Storm-rider

Oddometer: 35
Wed 9 Jan 2013.
Got up at 530 am as I was too tired to go and visit the golden rock yesterday.
Our hotel was located just a minute's walk from the entrance. The rock was an awesome sight. Ladies were not allowed onto the main rock on which the golden rock stood. They had to do their prayers
from the platform in front of it. The place was crowded with devotees.

I quickly had my breakfast and at 830 am all were ready to move down.

This is the wood that they grind into a paste and then apply it on their face. We were told that it helps protect them from the sun.

The guide somehow managed to arrange for all of us to go down by lorry from the top. That was a good thing because my leg was aching real bad because of yesterday's climb. We also managed to catch a wedding ceremony while waiting for the lorry.

There was an oil leak from Loh's bike's final drive. A check revealed that there was no more oil in the final drive. As we couldn't change the oil seal at this point, oil was topped up.

We moved off for our next destination Naypydaw. Along the way we stopped for lunch. I liked the names they had for the food.

We stopped for dinner at Naypydaw before proceeding to the hotel.

Coming into Naypydaw was an eye opener. It was a starling contrast to the villages that we passed by. It was spacious and filled with large modern buildings. The buildings were all lighted up as though it was Christmas.
We stayed at the Myat Taw Win Hotel. It was spread out in a large compound. We got the junior suite and when Cherie saw her room she commented on whats app to the group "guys the room is seriously bigger than my entire house.UNREAL!!"

After washing up the guys got together for the usual chit chat while I prepared the report and tried to upload some pictures. But it was so difficult to upload them that I gave up and went to bed.

gshajisg screwed with this post 01-23-2013 at 10:13 PM
gshajisg is offline   Reply With Quote