View Single Post
Old 01-12-2013, 01:11 PM   #3748
RRVT
Wild and Crazy Guy

Oddometer: 231
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sock Monkey View Post
There probably won't be too much dithering once you get a ride on one. You'll either love it or hate it. There won't be much middle ground.
I really hope I end up loving it, I have a feeling I will. It has so many things I am looking for - totally love the looks, long distance comfort, long range (hate to fill up several times a day on 700+ mile days), I like that the bike is unusual and will likely generate a lot of curiosity on the road, also reliability and simplicity, price, many accessories included, etc... I didn't mention anything related to riding, handling, power or any other ride impressions, that stuff will have to be evaluated on a test ride.

The range really stands out for me though. I can go on for 4 hours easily without needing to stop. When it comes to gas, I like to error on the side of caution and in unknown areas I will often refill while still having two gallons left just so I don't have to worry about running out of gas or having to stop soon again. Bigger tank eliminates some of these "conservative" fill ups and makes it easier to sync your food breaks with gas fill-ups.
RRVT is offline   Reply With Quote