View Single Post
Old 01-12-2013, 01:13 PM   #10
John65 OP
D Ol Man

Oddometer: 1,387
Anyhow, movin on

we backtrack down to the 'Big Bike Bypass' and continued on.

Met this guy while backtracking (hindsight will come into play)

I had looked at Charlies Creek Road in Google Earth and really wanted to ride it, so we decided to ride it from the other end (West to East).
Charlies Creek Road starts off by climbing 800 ft in about mile. That's only 20% avg grade, but when you throw in the 5% grade sections,,,,,,,

West end of Charlies Creek rd

Met these riders 'bout way,

They said they didn't see a way across the river either, but asked a local how to cross, (yellow suzuki maybe), OK, Larry was right

Movin on

an it just continues like this......

an we get to the Tallulah River, simple huh!

Larry hit a big, slick rock in the river, so when he gets to other bank, he quickly grabs his camera to get a shot of me fallin' in that COLD! water... Forgot to mention.... morning temps on this trip were high 30's

an I ALMOST accommodate him

Remember how good hindsite is,,,,, Why didn't we turn around an ride it E > W, it would have be a totally different ride from the W > E that we did
anyhow, we take the BBB again and go on to Hiawassee to get a room.

Glenda [timetrax], who is my real navigator called and said that all rooms in Hiawassee were $100+, (and she didn't give me enough allowance to cover that), so we ride on into NC near Hayesville and get a really nice room at Deerfield Inn for $70

When we're on these trips, usually about 6PM, my travel coordinator, Glenda[timetrax] calls and says "You 2 dumasses do know that it's almost dark and you're heading away from any form of lodging, don't you", and of course then she tells us which way to turn to get to a motel. Spot is a good thing to have. She uses it to keep us out of any REALLY BIG messes
TET Florida Section
TET Georgia Section

John65 screwed with this post 04-19-2013 at 01:40 PM
John65 is online now   Reply With Quote