View Single Post
Old 01-12-2013, 02:47 PM   #3749
Renman1117
Adventurer

Oddometer: 42
QUOTE FROM PYOUNGBL
Yep, it depends on where you intend to ride and how you manage your fuel. If you don't get far from civilization, don't travel 'out west', avoid parts of Canada and all of Alaska...a range of 180 - 200 miles is OK. At least with your NTX you have the option to go to those places with less stress. Don't forget that we get more than just a big fuel tank with that NTX; crash bars, aux lights, hard bags, hand guards, bash plate, 150 size rear tire, and wiring for heated grips.

My 09 came with all the above except the bash plate aux lights and 150 tires. (By the way i did purchase it from MI and had it shipped across country.)
Ive added:
*Ram GPS mount and hardwired from additional fuse panel.
*Adjustable aluminum deck shelf behind my windshield for radar detector
*two (2) usb power ports attached to my handlebars for phone, etc.
* One powerlet port mounted to internal tupperwear in front of handlebar.
* Tool and fuel tube addition behind the right pannier above the swing arm. Took 1 piece of 4" muffler pipe and 1 piece of 3.25" muffler pipe each approximately 14" long and welded them together. Welded thin plate to the bottom of the tubes and the top has ginormous rubber stoppers held on with a black stick and zip ties. All the above painted black which blends in with the bike quite well. The tubes give me almost 3 additional liters of fuel.
* Added Givi hardcase with pillion rest to rear carrier. Nice, can carry two full size helmets.
*Sport Mirrors Forgot I had done these upgrades
*Euro Turn Signal Forgot I had done these upgrades
*Carc venting Forgot I had done these upgrades
One more thing I will probably do when my tires start looking worn is look into a bit more off-road capable variant. Im running the Scorpion road tire which are OEM and while most of my riding is road, I would like a more capable tire for dirt/off road. Nothing hairy just a wee bit more capable.

Cliff

Renman1117 screwed with this post 01-14-2013 at 04:26 PM Reason: Added quote notation/Added upgrades
Renman1117 is offline   Reply With Quote