View Single Post
Old 01-12-2013, 03:12 PM   #166
GAS GUY OP
MILE EATER

Oddometer: 2,906
Quote:
Originally Posted by Byork86 View Post
Gas Guy or anyone else listening,

I tried to search to find answers, but seeing as I am in the middle of doing the doo I'll just ask. Sorry if its redundant. (I'm asking on this thread because I find it better than any of the "KLR mod" threads. Good job Gas Guy!!)

I am upgrading to a torsion spring. I removed the stock extension spring without removing the inner case. Since the torsion spring goes outside the inner case, do I still need to remove it for anything?
Also, the "lever" that the stock extension spring was connected to is just floating on the shaft. Is this correct, I have basically just obsoleted that part and it remains on the shaft?

So basically, am I ok not removing the inner case if I've removed the spring? Thanks in advance. Maybe I can wrap this up tonight and move on to putting on my new chain.

BTW my stock spring had plenty of tension and travel, I almost closed it back up without changing it.

The factory spring lever does stay in place as it acts as a spacer to keep proper endplay.

You should be good to go, just try to catch all the debris as you drill the hole, keep it out of the engine.

I didn't pull my inner cover either when I had to redrill the hole and install a new spring.

Did you need the Deep Hole spacer ??
http://gasguysadventures.blogspot.com/

GAS GUY screwed with this post 12-08-2013 at 02:32 PM
GAS GUY is online now   Reply With Quote