View Single Post
Old 01-12-2013, 03:41 PM   #66
HayDuchessLives
Loquita

Oddometer: 1,126
Warm greetings from chilly Alaska!

Hey Dylan,

What a wonderful ride report! I'm sure glad serendipity brought us together last summer as both Charlie and I enjoyed meeting and riding with you and hearing some of your amazing adventures. My bike really wanted to tag along with you for a few more days, or weeks. I'm attaching a few photos taken while we were with you.

Last August AKCharlie and I rode down to Valdez and caught the ferry over to Whittier and then rode back home to Homer and Anchorage. As we rode down the Glenn Hwy, somewhere near the Matanuska Glacier, we pulled over to take photos and met Dylan. We were headed the same way so we decided to ride together. We "wild camped" at a pullout south of Glennallen. I was extremely impressed with the "traveling kitchen" that Dylan built in his top box. WOW! This is Dylan, standing near his pop-up tent.

The next day we rode to Chitna, to visit the fish wheels on the Copper River. Dylan chatted with a man and his family who were cutting up fish they caught in their fish wheel. They even gave us two (whole) fresh, delicious, Copper River Red Salmon.

Dylan, standing sort of in front of my bike, took photos of this lovely waterfall outside of Valdez. (You may notice the Nome sticker on my bike. Yes - my bike and I flew to Nome and had a fantastic trip and wrote a report.)

Using the fresh Copper River red salmon, and other ingredients, we prepared a feast worthy of a 4-star restaurant. We had salmon pasta primavera. What a great way to end an amazing day!

This is my bike, Soquili, parked next to Dylan's bike. I think they did a little "male bonding" during the ride as my bike said it really REALLY wanted to continue riding with Dylan as he rode out of Alaska. I told my bike someday we'll ride down to the Lower 48.

Dylan - I'm glad you are still enjoying your journey and I hope financially you can make things work out. I'll subscribe to this thread. I couldn't find you on Facebook. The Alaskan Granny Gone Wild is sending a warm hug and positive thoughts your direction to help brighten your days!
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=808795
HayDuchessLives is offline   Reply With Quote