View Single Post
Old 01-12-2013, 03:58 PM   #98
AK Smitty OP
AK Smitty

Oddometer: 314
Bocas del Toro

Almost forgot to mention that my bike hit a milestone yesterday.

DCIM\100GOPRO

Not a milestone for me b/c I bought the bike with about 1800 miles on it so my 20,000 mile mark will be here in about 2 weeks. So in about 14 months I will have personally done over 20K miles on the bike while maintaining a job. The majority of the miles out of the US. I have put less than 5000 miles on my truck (now sold) in that same time. I would said that my friend is a damn fine past 14 months.

We got up the morning and took a boat out to the national reserve and to go snorkeling. $35 US so a little pricey but I am here only once so what ya gonna do. Bocas is very touristy but it is what you can get to from Bocas that is cool.

Literally a boat load of Chile girls that we kept running into.

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

Fun nice girls that told us a lot about Chile. Made Mihai and Pawel excited and me a little jealous.

Protected undeveloped island

Prolly need to photo shop in some hot chics. It appears that I am still almost as white as the sand. It is really that Mihai just doesn't know how to use his fancy camera. I actually very bronzy!

Lunch spot

On the boat snorkeling. We hung out with Ryan, a non-Queb Canadian, that we had run into several times on our trip.

DCIM\100GOPRO

Me in action. The snorkeling was only ok but still fun

Finishing up the day. Saw a couple of wild sloths. They lay around as much as the captive ones.

DCIM\100GOPRO

DCIM\100GOPRO

Pullling back into Bocas. It is a unique place but as with many other places it seems to be getting over-developed with no rules.

Closing the gap on Panama City tomorrow.
AK Smitty is offline   Reply With Quote