Thread: New FARKLE's!!
View Single Post
Old 01-12-2013, 07:36 PM   #6
Boondox
Travels With Barley

Oddometer: 2,963
Quote:
Originally Posted by WindSailor View Post

One farkle I've been looking into lately has been a way to connect to the high beam wire to trip the high beam bypass system or controller for aux lighting. Some people want to use a posi-tap on the high beam wire which is fine; but the best idea that I've seen so far is the one from Clearwater Lights used on the their Krista's setup; which uses a male / female plug configuraton that has an extra wire coming out of it to trigger the controller. Truly a plug and play setup. Nice. They don't sell components (otherwise I would have bought their wiring kit), so I'm on a hunt to find compatible plugs for the back of that headlight assembly.
On my GS I posi-tapped into the high beam wire when installing my Kristas. On my GSA sidecar rig I used the transgender plug you mentioned and wow, talk about an easy installation!
I got a sidecar to travel with my dog. He never complains, is delighted to be with me, approves of my dietary choices, is a social butterfly who helps me meet folks, appreciates a good beer, snuggles better than my wife, and hangs on my every word as if it's the most profound thing he's ever heard. TravelsWithBarley.com
Boondox is offline   Reply With Quote