Old 01-12-2013, 07:00 PM   #170
John Smallberries OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,209
Dunno - I'll check

Quote:
Originally Posted by COMESEEGO View Post
John,
Could this be the same 5Amp circuit you connected together with another 15Amp circuit for your 18Amp Stebel horn?
With the green LED on and the bike turned off, do you still measure +12V at this circuit (#3)?????
Joe
comeseego;
Thanks for the advice on the PDM60. I have been thinking about a rewire to simplify my setup as you have described. I can clearly get rid of the relay tied to the Kristas. The Autoswitch can talk directly to the Krista module.

For the Stebel horn, I'm not so sure. I think I'll need to bundle the two 15-amp circuits together or have a new PDM custom programmed with two 10-amp circuits to tie together.

It is frustrating that I still have too many direct connections to the battery and this fantastic power distribution module just 6 inches away!!

Also - I don't use my airbag sensor anymore, so my circuit will be simpler.

The main problem is: everything is working fine now and I'm reluctant to screw with it. The extra relays work just fine and I can't use that space for anything else. I'm inclined to let the sleeping dog lie.

Now - if Rowe upgrades the PDM to my recommendations, I may reconsider:
1) keep the battery tender connector (it came, and went.....)
2) integrate Clearwater's single-LED voltage monitor concept

I'd pony up again for one of these.

Also - you know we need pics of your schematic and installation. So let's get on with it!!!!
John Smallberries is offline   Reply With Quote