View Single Post
Old 01-12-2013, 08:48 PM   #45
nuttynu
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 922
Quote:
Originally Posted by lightcycle View Post
You seem to have based your trip riding on Interstates between large cities. Is this what you want to see?

On a motorcycle, I'd want to spend as much time on twisty back roads with amazing scenery, and less time sitting in big city congestion. (ie. why isn't Deals Gap on your map?) But to each their own.

We've done a cross-US trip before and we based it around the US National Parks and Forests. Great roads, amazing scenery and easy access to camping.

Budget looks great for camping & groceries, does it include tires/oil change? Might be a bit tight for moteling and restaurants.
Yes and no.

This is just a pre map of the route. But I'm planning more research in each individual states to find nice scenery ride and must see place. The states are just basics pin points of the route I want to head towards. .
I'm rounding it up to maybe a total of 15k miles total.

Added all the expense and came to around $13k
That's with gas,food,3 sets of tires,5 oil chanfe. With about $1k reserve for misc broken bike parts (incase)
And trying to camp at the most . Hoping its no more than $20 a night. Or hopefully there are free space.

This is just the planning stage. I just did this quick map so I can get an average mile total idea of what I'll be working with. And it doesn't look so bad.

Ie... See Vegas, the salt flats, the Grand Canyon, , mt Rushmore , Florida beaches.

Ps... How's is your adventure going ?

nuttynu screwed with this post 01-12-2013 at 08:55 PM
nuttynu is offline   Reply With Quote