View Single Post
Old 01-12-2013, 09:27 PM   #15
One Less Harley OP
OH.THAT'S GONNA HURT

Oddometer: 4,655
You've listed the correct p/n for the pads and rebuild kit. The caliper p/n may not be right as there are some small differences with the pistons (same rebuild kit though),some have solid pistons and some are hollow (less heat transfer???? like yours Luxlogs), and some have a locating tab next to the brake line. If rebuilding, DO NOT PRY OUT THE PISTONS, as they are some sort of brittle ceramic and will crack, but the kit comes with new pistons. DO NOT SPLIT THE CALIPER AS YOU WILL NOT GET IT TO SEAL..BTDT!!!

Are you going to rebuild it???? It should be fine, but I did purchase it used, so if you want to. Of all the ones I've done none have leaked. I wouldn't buy the BMW pads, they are very expensive!!! Get the Galfer Green pads, which I like, but there are others like EBC. Look for pads fitting K or R 1100's, R1200C.

Something you might do before installing new pads is to use a brake rotor hone. This will knock off the glazing and is the best thing to do to keep brakes from squealing, which sometimes happens with new pads. It works better than sand paper.

I DON'T THINK YOU WILL DOUBLE YOUR BRAKING POWER, but it will be a noticeable improvement!
2003 Suzuki DRZ 400S (TAT Prep)
One More DRZ does the TAT (Ride Report)

One Less Harley screwed with this post 01-12-2013 at 09:39 PM
One Less Harley is offline   Reply With Quote