View Single Post
Old 01-12-2013, 09:38 PM   #96
OldDog
Smelly Adventurer type

Oddometer: 4,458
Well work progresses with the KTM

I have most of the big lumps done, just a few bolts to tighten and start doing the electrics. I'm still looking for a kick start lever, once i have that i'll see if it runs...... or in frustration i'll try roll starting it. The back shocks are away getting rebuilt. All up I reckon i'll sneak in just under the grand including purchase price which was literally off a scrapheap! I won't be fully registering this one, i reckon i'll try the unregistered vehicle permit option.

Went up and saw the KLEaner yesterday and planned out a route north to Bourke, and took time out to help with his roof ventilation and tried some of his moonshine.

Route is going to be roughly (kicking off Thursday morning) Mudgee - Gulgong (tar) Gulgong - Cobbora (tar and gravel) Cobbora - Mendoran - Tooraweenah (tar and gravel) Tooaweenah- Armatree - Quambone (Tar and gravel_, Quambone - Coolibah - Byrock (tar and Gravel)
. Stay at Byrock Thursday nightThen off to Bourke in the morning, have a pie and an Apple turnover at Merrills bakery then on to Commeroo via Fords Bridge turning right and the Yantabulla turnoff.

Sundays plan is back to Bourke then the backroads to Quambone, stay there Sunday night and back here Monday.
OldDog is offline   Reply With Quote