View Single Post
Old 01-12-2013, 11:24 PM   #320
PhilB
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,328
Quote:
Originally Posted by DOGSROOT View Post
Except that Shakespeare didn't mangle the English language.

Re-read the first sentence.
It's a bit awkward, but it parses correctly. Shakespeare, OTOH, mangled the English language extensively. Indeed it was part of his artfulness, and done at a level that still has rarely been approached by others. Certainly not I.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttpete View Post
An individual should be allowed to do something that's hazardous to himself as long as it's not hazardous to anyone else.
+1.

Quote:
Originally Posted by randyo View Post
here in NH, eye protection IS mandatory, helmets are not

eye protection can be in the form of goggles, safety glasses, helmet visor or windshield (I think has to extend 14" above handlebar ?) I'm covered wearing prescription glasses
Eye protection is mandatory in most states. And it has a much better rationale behind it, as a person riding without being able to see is a hazard to others. I'm not very upset about eye protection laws, as those address the correct subject for a law -- when someone is harming or endangering someone else; which is not the case with helmet laws which are promarily designed to protect someone from himself.

PhilB
1993 Ducati M900 Monster "Patina" (232,000 miles, so far) -- 1995 Ducati M900 (wife's bike) -- 1972 Honda CB450 (daughter's bike) -- 1979 Vespa P200 (daughter's scoot) -- 1967 Alfa Romeo GT Jr. (1300cc) -- 1964 Vespa GS160 (160cc 2-stroke) -- 1962 Maicoletta scooter (275cc 2-stroke) -- 1960 Heinkel Tourist 103A1 scooter "Elroy" (175cc 4-stroke)
PhilB is offline   Reply With Quote