View Single Post
Old 01-13-2013, 07:26 AM   #10
ebrabaek OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,292
Quote:
Originally Posted by runnin4melife View Post
Cool beans! I like this a lot but I have a soft bag right there so that is out of the question. I do want to put a similar USB and volt gauge but will probably build a larger dash panel. Are you making this one solid piece or is it a cap that will go over the other piece? I am imagining a solid piece.

I like the blue too, I have blue indicators on my switches.
I have, and still is pondering the interface, and have come up with several options. Right now option one for me is that it is a cap that will fit right down on the stock cover. The way I will make the interface points are so that there is a flange around it, in the right place. You can then either velcro it for easy removal, and with a BMW plug in the socket, so it it 100 removable in just a few seconds. Electrical could also be a plug, so to retain the BMW plug for heated stuff..... Or it could be bolted to the stock...... Or in my case, I will bond it to the stock Carbon Fiber piece. As with many pieces I create, they evolve, as I go. But the simple idea here is that it can be used to mount, or hold just about anything. Could turn into a glove compartment with access in the front..... You see... Many possibilities... Travel went good I presume...

Erling
ebrabaek is offline   Reply With Quote