View Single Post
Old 01-13-2013, 07:42 AM   #1272
AntiHero OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 964
Blader: Forgot about those damn birds, but you're right--they were fatally attracted to the Duc!

lucati: It's been a very long time....especially if you consider that it was actually April 19th when I first left LA on my Triumph!

dmun: if only I had it on video!

Hypergirl: no growling. They showed nothing but deference to the Pani. :)

Frosty_spl: initially they both circled me--neither on the same side, which was a little unnerving. Always seemed to have one in front and the other behind me. It felt like a choreographed dance. Then they ignored me and did the same to the bike.

Lolodesiles: I played it safe--when out in the middle of nowhere I'd stop and gas up even if I still had 2/3 of a tank left. And that saved my butt in a few instances--in some places there are no "next gas 130 miles" signs.

flumpmaster: Dude! Congratulations! PM me and let me know what your impressions are of the bike, I'd love to hear what you think about it. Very cool.

danham: I hear you. Their body language was anything but threatening, but wild animals are wild animals. Anything that survives in Death Valley, though, I think is deserving of a free meal every now and then. Have no idea how these little bastards survives without water the other 364 days of the year. Adaptation at its finest!
AntiHero is offline   Reply With Quote