View Single Post
Old 01-13-2013, 11:09 AM   #285
longtallsally
Yeah I'm a chick

Oddometer: 4,235
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1224R View Post
Damn Sally!!! That's the setup!!! Who makes the camper????
Yeah, we're pretty happy with it. It's a Fleetwood Evolution E1. They actually don't make them any longer and this one is an '05. I think Jayco and one other manufacturer still make the "off road" version like this one. It basically is a regular pop up with a spring over. The real benefit in at least the Fleetwood ones is that they are a fully boxed frame.

We were looking long and hard on how to do family camping with the dog(s) and little guy. The Jeep can handle all the passengers, but no room for gear. I thought about a roof rack and/or a roof top tent, but those cost a mint and you are still sleeping in a tent and the economy would hurt the refrigerator shape of the Jeep pretty bad.

I debated on fabricating my own "adventure trailer" with a roof top tent or buying one, but the adventure trailers out there very quickly end up costing more than we paid for this guy and don't have provision for a bike(s) and I just don't have the time to actually build one.

Having a heater, fridge, water supply (including hot), grille, and stove already there, and it was pretty simple, especially with that tray up front and what the used ones are going for.

There are bigger ones out there in the E2 and E3, that handle more bikes up front but they start getting bigger than I want to tow behind the Jeep. For our needs right now, this one is perfect.