View Single Post
Old 01-13-2013, 11:55 AM   #1946
tahoeacr
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,210
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdxthmper View Post
Ok I have seen on here that you can't use a 2012 map on a 2007 bike, but it sounds like I can cut and paste the values from a 2012 map and paste them into my 2007 map. Is that correct or did I miss the boat again?

(For the record I have a 2007 ADV, stock air box, RC8 intakes with 2:1 akrapovic running on a modified akra map, but I am looking for more milage)

thanks
The only real difference is the cams. They require more fuel. Ignition timing will be different but not by much. Look at the ignition maps and check the changes. Probably be between 3 to 6 degrees+-. The factory maps are tuned for riding the whole world in every altitude, humidity, and temperature. Specific maps such as USA are just more emissions. They won't be optimized for any one's engine. Such the reason a dyno tune gets great results. When you tune ignition timing you advance the timing(with the engine under a set rpm/load) until peak hp is reached. From this point you can advance quit a bit before things rattle. KTM maps are pretty reserve on the timing. More ignition timing will give better mpg.
tahoeacr is offline   Reply With Quote