View Single Post
Old 01-13-2013, 02:04 PM   #356
Flood OP
F5lood.

Oddometer: 10,161
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodovitch View Post
Cyril

After the awarding of the 15 minute penalty for changing an engine, at the rest day Cyril Despres sees himself classified in 5th place 24í25 minutes behind the leader David Casteu with Cyrilís team mate Ruben Faria 2nd at 11í16. Chaleco Lopez is third at 12í00 while Olivier Pain is fourth at 16í10.

Cyril Despres

ďThey call in rest day but it should be called stress day! Since I got up this morning Iíve done non-stop interviews. I even did an interview as I was brushing my teeth! Now it is 14h00 and we have just received our road book for tomorrow, so time to shut ourselves away and prepare for the second week. So far weíve done 2000 kilometres of special and we have 2300 kilometres left, so clearly there is still everything to play for. And as always on a Dakar it isnít going to be straightforward.

I donít have spies in all the other teams but radio bivouac informs me that the other riders have opted not to use the break to change their engines. It is a calculated risk that will for sure have an impact on all our strategies for the next week. Only time will tell if they have made the right choice or not but two things are for certain: one - itís going to be a very interesting few days and two - Iím going to be fighting for victory all the way to Santiago."

interesting

RallyRAIDio on Twitter
RallyRAIDio on Facebook