View Single Post
Old 01-13-2013, 02:05 PM   #1311
SwollenCranium
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 104
Quote:
Originally Posted by AKRoadrunner View Post

I am currently in planning phase for a trip from Fairbanks, AK to Seattle, WA this coming August for a friends wedding. What upgrades do you recommend for the trip? Do you think the Sertao is a good choice for the 4,000 mile round trip? I definitely will be investing in a set of those highway pegs, where can you purchase those at? Any advice and/or recomendations is appreciated. This will be my first very long distance ride.

I drove mine 1100 miles straight from the show room floor to my garage last year. Did it in 2.5 days as I had never had a single cylinder before and was unprepared for the vibration at speeds over 70. ( Now I know them to be "normal")

I'd never consider a ride that far again unless I had a high seat and lower/wider foot pegs and maybe some highway pegs just as an occasional way to stretch the legs. I'm 6' tall and I consider it a cramped fit for me in stock arrangement.

Hell, I just hit 1800 miles today with a hundred mile run and I'm pretty much over the hype of it and will probably sell it in a few months.
SwollenCranium is offline   Reply With Quote