View Single Post
Old 01-13-2013, 04:17 PM   #1094
chrish4ku
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 756
Down for the Count - But not Out

Well,
Today an "iffy" looking man on a rusty old bike decided to shoot across an intersection ignoring his red light. The light was green for me and I was traveling about 36 MPH when he jaunted across. I hit the front brake, swerved to the right to avoid him but it was too late. He is going to be OK - He was in the wrong - He took a ride to the hospital in the ambulance. I hit him pretty much square then laid the bike down and slid about 25 feet on the pavement.

I am OK. I only have bruised ribs and a sore shoulder thanks to all my gear. The 990 on the other hand isn't doing so well.

The impact of the collison did some pretty good damage to both fairings, headlight and then the subsequent skidding ground down the crash bars pretty well.

I am glad I am very sore but OK and I am glad there were 3 witnesses that stopped to help out and support my claim of innocence.

Full Post Here:
http://advrider.com/forums/showpost....postcount=3706

I truly hope to get the KTM repaired without totaling it out...

If anyone has recommendations on how to deal with the Insurance company, process, etc. Please PM me. I have full coverage, and I appears this will be his fault based on witnesses and their testimony.
2011 KTM 990 Adventure / KTM 500 EXC
Chris' Sat Tracker
chrish4ku is offline   Reply With Quote