View Single Post
Old 01-13-2013, 05:13 PM   #38
Evomx971 OP
Planning Next Ride

Oddometer: 237
Quote:
Originally Posted by exoff-roadgoat View Post
If no one mentioned it yet you should ride the three sisters as long as your in the neighborhood. Perhaps the best road riding in Texas...Go west of Medina on 337 to Leakey, take 336 north to 41, west to 335, south to Camp Wood and then back to Leakey on 337. These roads are made for a Tiger and should be deserted this time of year.......for grub the Old Spanish Trail in Bandera is the best bet for breakfast and for a burger/pie Love Creek Orchard in Medina is a must stop.
Thanks for the message!

That's the area I rode today but I think I only nailed one sister.

About halfway through my ride I stopped and got food at the "Frio Canyon Motorcycle Stop" just west of Leakey. Food was ok. Neat establishment that I bet can have some great gatherings in warmer weather. I then did 337 going east out of Leakey. Fantastic road! I went through Comfort and Sisterdale and ended up on Grapetown Rd... deserted and another fantastic road that dumped me out close to Luckenbach. Where everybody is somebody.

Tomorrow I think I'm going to do a loop up through Mason and fit in some more non-paved route.
What Next Wander Tour http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=853663
Evomx971 is offline   Reply With Quote