View Single Post
Old 01-13-2013, 04:41 PM   #27
MrSandman818
INaVANdownBYtheRIVER

Oddometer: 798
Quote:
Originally Posted by go2cnavy View Post
I guess my post got cut off...
One of my biggest concerns is packing for the trip.
I want to take a minimalist approach when it comes to food and cooking related items. I also want to minimize the amount of clothing I have to pack. Any suggestions for a four day trip?
If the route is the same then there are plenty of places to eat. Just bring jerky and some ensure(old people drinks) and plenty of water. The lighter the better on this ride. mostly a fairly easy high speed ride. Some technical sections on a big loaded twin. The next important thing is to really make sure your bike is good to go for 1000 miles. bring all required tools to dig into your bike and expect the unexpected. Also dont forget the first aid kit!

one of my front brake lines got ripped off by 11am on day one (thanks again to drif10 for everything, that man is a savior out there. Who knew there was a ktm dealer on a back country road!), a couple of the guys i was riding with went to the hospital. It was turtle mating season so there was a few crossing the gravel roads after blind corners. swing arm bolt rattled off sometime on the ride, among other crazy things.

It is definitly an amazing ride and and a great group of guys. Im already going through my bike to prep it. This time im going to travel much lighter and leave the 32mm wrench that weighted 10 lbs home. hahaha. I have a crap ton of pics loaded from the ride on the roaming rally page.
1978 Batavus 48
MrSandman818 is offline   Reply With Quote