View Single Post
Old 01-13-2013, 05:53 PM   #172
COMESEEGO
Come-See-Go-Joe

Oddometer: 7
Of course do I want to see more input here and yes, I do like the PDM60. It does allow easy installation with less clutter.

However with John's LED issue, I don't think we end user can help, because we can't determine, if a malfunctioning PDM is save to use.
The fastest way to test PDM vs wiring, is to have John disconnect the 8 wire output plug from his old PDM60 version (not available on the new one). Biggest surprise would be the green LED #3 is still on with only battery cable connected to the PDM and the bike turned off.
I would like to know, if the safety function still works. Does the output #3 still turn off in case of a short (red LED). But I'm NOT asking you to check it, while the PDM is still connected to your bike! - Maybe Adam comes back with a magic reset procedure or a better idea.

BTW my Stebel horn from Twisted Throttle is also using up to 18Amp at 12 Volt. The included diagram shows a 20Amp fuse. The Nautilus horn information is on the Stebel website (www.stebel.it/public/stebel.pdf).
https://plus.google.com/photos/10062...72879115374081

Adam you mentioned not to use the blue trigger wire with the turn-signal-cancel button. Would the plus voltage damage the PDM? How would you go about using the cancel button and PDM trigger to operate a horn (15Amp max)?

Regards, Joe

COMESEEGO screwed with this post 01-15-2013 at 06:52 PM Reason: continue
COMESEEGO is offline   Reply With Quote