View Single Post
Old 01-13-2013, 07:00 PM   #8
TuonoBiker OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 728
Quote:
Originally Posted by WindSailor View Post
That does look nice.

I'm a big fan of the flashing brake light - the more people I can keep a safe distance away from my kazoo the better I feel.

Take a look at Robert's thread for some links; 100 THREADS all GS/GSA owners should read. --- #49. I WANT TO MAKE MY BIKE MORE VISIBLE...WHAT ARE MY OPTIONS?.

I have the HyperLites running from the Grn/Blue wire on the diagnostic plug to power the controller. The P3's from Skenes do look bigger and brighter - but more expensive too.

One farkle I've been looking into lately has been a way to connect to the high beam wire to trip the high beam bypass system or controller for aux lighting. Some people want to use a posi-tap on the high beam wire which is fine; but the best idea that I've seen so far is the one from Clearwater Lights used on the their Krista's setup; which uses a male / female plug configuraton that has an extra wire coming out of it to trigger the controller. Truly a plug and play setup. Nice. They don't sell components (otherwise I would have bought their wiring kit), so I'm on a hunt to find compatible plugs for the back of that headlight assembly.

The bike looks good - looking forward to round two too...
Thanks, Windsailor. That is a great idea.......more visibility. I especially like the idea of more rear visibility. More for the daytime. At night, my buddies hate following me as their headlights and my aluminum panniers/top box are too reflective.

Sorry to be thick-headed...what is the purpose of connecting the high beam wire to trip the bypass controller? At first I thought you wanted the aux lights to stay on while the high beam is on. My bike's aux lights already stay on regardless of high or low beam...so I'm guessing you mean something else.
'07 Tuono Factory - gone but not forgotten
TuonoBiker is offline   Reply With Quote