View Single Post
Old 01-13-2013, 06:03 PM   #665
GotMojo?
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,107
Quote:
Originally Posted by nachtflug View Post
during the 450 main they showed some aerial shots of Barcia (in more ways than one..) on some of the bigger jumps. those whips he does are sick but it is my guess that those also have to gain him serious laptime advantages over those who either don't whip or don't whip to that extreme. that kid has one thing that the other's don't and it's inside his head. the others want to win - he expects to win and he knows he can and it could prove a lethal combination. but again those whips, and I saw them up close at the skyshot at Unadilla last august are f'ing sick and are a clear advantage it is almost that he somehow is still accelerating as he is coming back down to terra firma as opposed to a launch into the air that physics dictates should lose speed. that kid is fearless and this could get ugly for orange green yellow and blue bikes.
Agreed... Barcia is fun to watch, and he was dialed in last night. Another advantage he's got... he hasn't had any nasty injuries yet. I can't help but wonder how the bad get offs and season ending injuries haunt riders like RV, CR, TC, Bubba etc. Its gotta always be in the back of their minds that they are one slight mishap away from lots of pain and the end to their season. RV has even commented on this in some of his interviews.

I still wouldn't count out RV though... he set the fastest lap time in the main, but his crappy start killed his chances. I think STARTS are going to be more important than ever... these guys are so fast that the guy who gets out front on the first lap is going to be hard to catch. If RV would have got the holeshot last night, nobody would have caught him.

GotMojo? screwed with this post 01-13-2013 at 06:08 PM
GotMojo? is offline   Reply With Quote