Thread: New FARKLE's!!
View Single Post
Old 01-13-2013, 08:52 PM   #10
TuonoBiker OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 728
Ohhhh....gotcha! Definitely something that sounds worth while. THe whole "lighting" thing is like a whole 'nother world. I always try to follow the aux lighting threads and its just tough to follow. HID, xenons, LED's...then controllers, size of the light, mounting. All of that, and then lots of $$$$$$ Nothing is cheap when it comes to lighting!

I think I need to focus on the other needs first: riding gear for the mrs, powerlet solutions to power up the panniers or top box to charge phones, comm units for her and I.

On another note...some feedback on my latest farkle's:

I got out for a 35 mile jaunt on saturday and the roads were wet, but hadn't rained since about 12 hours prior. Just cooler, misty and damp roads. My rear and front fender guards worked fantastic!! Rode through about 100 yards of unavoidable mud/manure that the farmer's tractor tracked into the road and the bike still looks quite clean. I'd say they did their job well. I'm sure it won't keep the bike 100% clean, but sure will help cut down on the heavy grime I've been experiencing from the local roads.

Fortunately, I didn't have to test the potentiometer or fuel line guards. :) The kickstand plate works great, however!!!! Met the wife at the local game lands parking lot to take the dog for a run and parked in the wet non-paved, non-gravel parking lot. Really added to the stability of the bike on soft ground. Worth the money IMO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WindSailor View Post
Hmmm, I don't think bypass is really the right word, darn fingers anyway. I meant more in the direction of an intelligent controller for the aux LED driving lights.

Since we're talking farkles, I'll include examples.

Like this controller from Skene's IQ-170 Intelligent Lighting Controller and a set of high power LED's that are to be aimed higher to spot those "fuzzy bastards" at night which we have a lot of around this neighborhood. I'm looking for lights in the 2400+ to 3600 lumens range so I can't have them running at 100% all of the time and they need to be tied into my high beam circuit. The lights I'm waiting for is shown in a night photo -here - near the bottom of the page.

Anyway I've been rear-ended twice with my other vehicles - just don't want that happening on the bike if I can help it.
'07 Tuono Factory - gone but not forgotten
TuonoBiker is offline   Reply With Quote