View Single Post
Old 01-13-2013, 07:56 PM   #1608
TheColonel
Adventurer

Oddometer: 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSBS View Post
I've been running the Heideneau K60s front and rear on my 03 Dakar for awhile now and really like them. I got over 6K miles from the rear and the front still looked almost new when I changed the rear for another. Now the newer K60 rear has around 3K on it and the front looks like it'll probably be good until that rear is worn out. So... about 2 rears and one front for 12K miles! When restoring my bike after a 2010 accident last year I had two Woody's Excel rims superlaced on the front and rear hubs and went from the stock 17" rear to an 18" rear, so this could affect wear somewhat compared to stock (tire has larger circumference). I'm running a 140/80-18 rear and a 90/90-21 front.

New K60 on my bike (currently at 82K miles and has seen lots of different tires - these, T63s, TKC80s, Mefos, IRC GP1s and GP110s, D606s and a couple of others). Of everything I've tried these are my favorite...

The Heideneau tires don't look as aggressive as the T63s (which I've run as well) but seem to grip about as well off road to me and the K60s are markedly better on pavement, wet or dry, IMO. The T63 rears I've had on my Dakar lasted about 2,500 miles and the front about twice that, but really cupped up badly in the last 1K miles or so. For me the K60s are a much better value since they go over twice as far with better overall performance. They also cost more - $150 for the rear vs. about $70 for the T63. $85 for the front vs. $70 for the Michelin.

Well forked out the dough and got a set of K60's.
very nice tyres, now to try em in the dirt.

photo sharing

image sharing

photo sharing sites
TheColonel is offline   Reply With Quote