View Single Post
Old 01-13-2013, 10:31 PM   #8406
Crazy Canadian
All who wander r not lost

Oddometer: 2,028
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirt2Street View Post
So what if I were to give my fuel screw an extra turn out to even out the air to fuel mixture..A Louder bike is a safety precaution for me as most drivers around here are young and stupid. I'm only 17 but sense owning my bike, 1000 miles (in 5 months) I've become a much better driver in my car. The xt's are too quiet to be heard in a car and nobody, and i do mean NOBODY, looks out for bikers around here. The noise would help a little. especially next spring when everyone has their windows down.
Personally I found the bike to be running so lean at stock that I re-jetted it even before I add any of the discussed mods. I would not for a second attempt to add performance mods and not re-jet. Re-jetting is easy and the jets are cheap. Hell if I can figure it out then, you could probably train a monkey to do it. And besides that I doubt any of the performance mods are worth a damn if you do not re-jet to take advantage of them. If your desire to not re-jet comes from fear of messing with a carb, I am sure you could find someone on here who can help you with it. If you were closer to me I would have you pop over and we could have it done in a couple hours max.

The only way to get through life is to laugh your way through it!

Day by day, nothing seems to change. But pretty soon, everything is different.
Crazy Canadian is offline   Reply With Quote