View Single Post
Old 01-13-2013, 10:50 PM   #60
UpST8 OP
turnin gas to noise

Oddometer: 6,760
Part Two for the last time and still No Moe.ron

Down San Marcos pass after my little adventure for some fuel in SB. No pics

Back up the pass to the East side of Camino Cielo. This is a great section of twisty, narrow paved trail with outrageous views.

Little slick

It turns to dirt at the end, passes Divide Peak OHV, some primitive campgrounds and Aqua Caliente!

Dirt road was in fantastic shape compared to her Western Sister road.

The only ice to be found was in the standing water crossings. There was one in particular that was super sketchy. 12”x12” blocks of inch thick ice on the approach and departure of a rather deep, slippery puddle.
I admit I used the friction zone of the clutch, some landscaping and walked along the side of the bike…my legs are just too short to do a proper duck walk

Final Destination for the day…Caliente Hot Springs

I wasn’t the only one with plans to soak here today

Someone did a really nice job on the lower spring, diggin it out, fully tiled, benches, little jewels here and there, even a snake designed into the tile, scrubbers and skimmers, a lot of pride was put into this one. I didn’t hike up, but the locals told me of two more springs up top of the hiking trail. I wanted to stay longer, but with the sun dippin and a promise to Mamma Bear to be home by dusk I had to roll..

Back out onto the pavement, I was pounding miles to get home

Till next time...

cRAzY
UpST8 is offline   Reply With Quote