View Single Post
Old 01-14-2013, 01:00 AM   #55
Quirky
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 559
Quote:
Originally Posted by F8 Pilot View Post
Is it possible to take a picture that shows the clearance of the fender at the back of the tire?

Thanks...Cheers

Ok! Picked the bike up today. It looks even better in the flesh than the photo's.
For everyone's interest i have just got home and made a few measurements. Just bear with me here just done 3 damn 14hr night shifts and havn't stopped today.
IF! this tyre was brand spanking new (i measured from carcase + 10mm=new tyre knobby height) there would be 18mm clearance at the front and 10mm for the rear. This is based on a D908RR 90/90 21" tyre. (It's taller than most).
Had a good yarn to Mark today, had a look at some of the programing involved. Prototype parts and so on. There's some serious man hours gone into this. WOW!

Mark has given this clamp utmost attention to raising the fender as far as possible with out mucking with the bikes angles.
Why the 18mm front clearance and a rear 10mm clearance? I asked.
Well the rear of the fender is currently closer due to wanting anything stuck on tyre to maybe hit leading edge of fender first, knocking it off. This may cut or knife down the thickness of the sticky stuff (limited goo i'm geussing) ensuring to a degree that the fender doesn't just pack up. Does this make sense? There is still time to change this so feel free to discuss the fender angle. But I'm thinking it may be the best option and i'll continue missing the sticky shite the best I can. Still could take the fender off if desperate & there's 15mm more room on the brace now than the stock setup. Yehaw!

Thats about all I've got to report right now. I'd love to go for a ride, but I'm totally shagged and not thinking to clearly. Have got a nice twisty road trip ride sorted for the weekend, can't wait. Much needed rain forecasted all weekend

Any other photo's or measurements I can help with?

How's it going to effect handling on the road? those forks appear to be locked together really well now.

Cheers

Quirky screwed with this post 01-14-2013 at 01:35 AM
Quirky is offline   Reply With Quote